Welcome to APRA Website
Afghanistan Postal Regulatory Authority newly established in 2012 under framework of Ministry of Communications and information technology the postal market and postal sector in the country.
The main goals and its objective are as below.
- 1-To encourage investment and improvement in the postal sector.
- 2-To foster effective competition and protect consumers from UN fair trade practices in the postal sector.
- 3-To ensure the safety and integrity of postal service.
- 4-To ensure that the universal Service Obligation is adequately funded and efficiently carried out.
To achieve the goals and objectives which mentioned above the first step to UN monopolize the postal services. That before was government monopoly.
Now there is an open market for postal sector that everyone can invest in the areas which has relation to the postal sector according to the Universal postal convention and national laws and regulations.
At the time there is one Postal Operator which we called Afghan post And 6 private companies which provide postal Services. The companies as below.
International Couriers :
Afghan's Couriers (Afghan companies)
- Bakhtar speedy post.
- Naye postal service Company.
Working hours: Saturday through Wednesday 8:00 am to 4:00 pm